Happy New Year! This is the time of resolutions and reflections, which is a great thing for your health. Self-improvement doesn’t have to be intense or overwhelming. Here are 5 easy, quick tips for a better smile in 2017.
- Give up on nail biting, pen nibbling and ice cube chewing. These seem like small bad habits, but they can cause a surprising amount of damage to teeth and dental work.
- Practice “mindful” brushing. Mindfulness is a buzz word, but it simply means to put aside distractions and focus on the moment. It’s a great message for oral hygiene. Two minutes of quality brushing will do wonders for your oral health. Just by paying attention, you’re more likely to reach all parts of your mouth and teeth. You’ll also maintain better speed and pressure. This is great news for preventing tooth decay and promoting a fresher, whiter smile.
- Eat and drink better. Cutting down on carb-heavy and sugary foods is great for your overall health, as well as your oral health. A great first step is to cut out the “big three” of sugary and acidic beverages: soda, sports drinks/water, and energy drinks.
- Invest in a custom-fit sports guard. Science continues to reveal the damage caused by concussions and other head injuries. Both adults and youths should play it safe with a customized mouth guard. It’s a minor expense that can make a major difference in your safety and well-being. If you’re a parent, ask about our programs to help make sports guards affordable for kids.
- Quit procrastinating. Perhaps you suspect you’ve been grinding your teeth at night. Maybe you know you have cavities that need to be dealt with. It’s natural to want to avoid dealing with health matters, but procrastination is the absolute worst thing you can do. In the long run, delaying treatment is more expensive, more time-consuming and more inconvenient.
From all of us at Future of Dentistry, best wishes for a happy, safe, and healthy New Year!
If you have any questions, we’re always happy to help. Give us a call at 781-245-2299, email email@example.com or submit a message on our website.