At Future of Dentistry, we are impacting lives one smile at a time. We take your oral health very seriously, and our dental hygienists have developed a systemized approach to help prevent disease and achieve optimal health.
Although we typically recommend our patients see our hygienists at least twice a year, more frequent visits may be needed to treat disease.
New Patient Online Offer
Gentle, Experienced Family Dentistry
When looking for a dental team that cares, visit Future of Dentistry. With more than 30 years of experience providing exceptional dentistry, plus a commitment to compassionate, state-of-the-art care, we will make your experience as pleasant as possible. A continuing-care hygiene visit includes:
- Teeth cleaning.
- Oral cancer screening.
- Blood pressure screening.
- Periodontal evaluation.
- Orthodontic evaluation.
- Medical history review.
- Examination of X-rays.
- Examination of tooth decay.
- Examination of existing restorations.
- Removal of calculus and plaque.
- Tooth cleaning and polishing.
- Review dietary habits.
- Oral hygiene home care recommendations.
- Selections from our comfort menu.
To learn more about what we do during your semiannual visits, give our office a call!
One of the most important general dentistry services we provide is teeth cleaning. Regular brushing and flossing are vital to maintaining good oral health, but these daily hygiene practices cannot always stop the buildup of plaque.
This is where the Future of Dentistry really shines. We use gentle techniques to clean plaque off of teeth and prevent serious oral health issues from developing. Preventing these issues also means that we can help preserve your overall health as well.
Future of Dentistry is a family dentistry practice, meaning that we are here to provide teeth cleanings for every member of your household. We can even start with your one-year-old child at a Happy Visit, which is a time we set aside to show your young child how dentistry can be fun!
Bring your family to Future of Dentistry for quality teeth cleanings and excellent preventative care.
Oral Cancer Screenings
Oral cancer kills 1 person every hour of every day in the United States alone; however, it is 80 percent to 90 percent curable if diagnosed and treated early. It can be found on the floor of the mouth, cheeks, tongue, gingiva, lips, and throat.
Nearly half of oral cancer patients die within 5 years of diagnosis. Unfortunately, only 35 percent of oral cancers are diagnosed in the early stages.
At the Future of Dentistry, we do not want you or your family to join the statistics, which is why we offer oral cancer screenings.
Our dentists and hygienists are highly skilled and are equipped with the knowledge and technology to perform oral cancer screenings. In addition to our visual exam, we use the VELscope Oral Assessment System, an FDA-approved device that helps us screen more accurately for oral cancer.
VELscope is a handheld scope that uses black-light technology to illuminate potential problem areas that might otherwise be overlooked. Our dentists and hygienists will be able to identify and evaluate abnormalities in your mouth.
Once the exam is finished, if there is evidence of lesions or other signs of oral cancer, our dentists will determine the best path for treatment.
The exam is simple, fast, and comfortable, taking less than 1 minute! As with any form of cancer, early detection is key. We can help!
With salivary testing, we can determine if you are at risk for periodontal disease or for certain HPV-related oral cancers. We can also diagnose the cause of periodontal infections. It’s a discreet diagnostic tool.
Other Preventative And General Dentistry Services
Here are some other services and procedures we offer our patients here at Future of Dentistry:
- Cavities and fillings: We fill cavities with our mercury-free, tooth-colored resin fillings as a safe alternative to amalgam fillings. As a practice that is focused on healthy body dentistry, we are particularly proud that we can offer white fillings that will not have a negative impact on your overall health.
- Extractions: Sometimes, to ensure your oral and general health, the best course of action is to remove an infected tooth entirely before the infection spreads. All our extractions are safely and efficiently performed in our office. As with any procedure, sedation dentistry options are available to make your extraction a soothing experience.
- Mouthguards: preventative dentistry also means protecting your teeth and mouth. We provide sports mouth guards that are custom-fit, which helps athletes of all ages stay safe. In addition, we provide custom-fit night guards, including guards designed to alleviate headaches and sleep apnea symptoms.
We also have a program that helps make sports mouth guards affordable and accessible to student-athletes. Our staff would be happy to discuss this program and how it helps children stay safe and healthy.
- Sedation dentistry: Some of our patients experience intense dental anxiety, whether from traumatic childhood experiences or worries over a specific procedure. Even a simple teeth cleaning can cause stress to a patient who has extreme dental anxiety. If you are experiencing some type of dental anxiety, please ask our office about our sedation options, so we can help alleviate your stress.
For questions about any of our general dentistry services, give us a call or visit our office. We’d be happy to talk with you!
We Are A Mercury-Free Practice!
The materials and procedures here at Future of Dentistry are all chosen carefully. We want our work to benefit your overall health as well as your teeth.
Future of Dentistry is proud to be an entirely mercury-free practice. All our crowns, fillings, and implants are made with materials safe for the human body. Selecting mercury-free materials means that your fillings and crowns do not contain any potentially harmful substances that can prove hazardous to your overall health.
Healthy Mouth, Healthy You
Your dental health is connected to your overall physical health as well as your sense of well-being. Our unique, systemic focus at Future of Dentistry involves treating your mouth with your body in mind. Contact us today!