The Future Is Invisalign® Clear Aligners!
Remember back in middle school when you saw other kids wearing those horrible metal braces that cut their lips and cheeks and made it hard for them to eat their favorite foods? Thanks to Invisalign® Orthodontic Treatment, straightening your teeth can be a virtually pain-free experience!
Read on to find out how we are impacting lives one smile at a time as we work at Future of Dentistry in Billerica, Dracut, North Andover, and Wakefield.
What Are Invisalign® Clear Braces?
Invisalign® clear braces or aligners are custom-fitted trays molded to the shape of your teeth. To straighten teeth, these clear braces gently push your teeth into position. You’ll receive a series of your own clear aligners, which you will swap out to help straighten teeth gradually.
Invisalign® clear aligners aren’t just more comfortable than metal braces. They also yield faster results and mean fewer trips to the dentist’s office!
The Health Benefits of Straight Teeth
It may surprise some people that straight teeth aren’t just a cosmetic improvement; they also come with a lot of health benefits, including:
- Healthier gums: Teeth that are spaced widely apart, overcrowded, or crooked can interfere with the consistency of the gum line, resulting in redness and inflammation. Straight teeth make it easier for your gums to grow healthy and secure around the teeth, providing optimal protection against periodontal disease and infection.
- Easier cleaning: Overcrowded teeth tend to overlap and bend around one another, creating all sorts of corners, nooks, and crannies where plaque, food, and bacteria can easily become trapped. Straight teeth eliminate these bacterial hiding places and are much easier to clean thoroughly.
- Less likelihood of excess wear to one tooth: With overcrowded teeth, it’s likely that one tooth may stick out at an irregular angle and therefore receive the brunt of the trauma associated with biting or grinding. A straight line of teeth ensures that all teeth are receiving equal chomping time.
- Less likelihood of injury: Similarly, straight teeth that don’t protrude at odd angles are less likely to be broken or damaged.
- Pain relief in the head and face: You may have never considered this one, but crooked teeth tend to put excess stress on the gums and jawbone. This can lead to chronic pain in the head, face, or neck.
Besides the physical health benefits, lots of patients experience significant improvements to their self-image and mental health when they straighten teeth.
To learn more about the benefits of straight teeth and Invisalign® clear aligners, call or visit our office today!
Get Your Clear Braces
Feeling ready to transform your smile? With Invisalign® clear braces, it’s never been easier to straighten teeth. Come in for your consultation, and let’s get started!