Same-Day Emergency Dental Care At Future Of Dentistry
We at Future of Dentistry know that accidents happen. That’s why you need an emergency dentist near you, someone who can help with tooth pain that you can trust to be there when you need help.
New Patient Online Offer
We have several dental office locations in Massachusetts and we strive to be available whenever a patient has an urgent need for care. We leave room in our daily schedule for emergency visits. For your convenience, we provide extended hours as part of our regular schedule, for emergencies and tooth pain that inevitably occur outside business hours. We also offer an after-hours voice mail option so you can notify the doctor as soon as a dental emergency occurs.
If you are suffering from severe tooth pain, call one of our 4 locations near you in Billerica, Dracut, North Andover, and Wakefield, Massachusetts.
Types Of Dental Emergencies And What You Can Do
In the event of any dental emergency, contact our office right away. The sooner you can get emergency dental care, the smoother your recovery will be.
Here is a list of some common dental emergencies and how to handle them. These recommendations will alleviate some of the tooth pain or damage, and help ensure your treatment goes as smoothly as possible.
- Intense tooth pain or toothache: Tooth pain may be indicative of infection. Apply a hot compress as needed, and come to our office right away.
- A broken, cracked, or chipped tooth: If you’ve broken off a piece of your tooth, try to collect all the broken pieces for reattachment at our office. If bleeding occurs, rinse out any blood in the mouth and apply gauze.
- An object stuck between teeth: Be careful trying to remove the object and stop trying if removal causes intense stress or pain to the surrounding teeth. Do not use any other object to try to remove whatever is stuck between your teeth.
- A knocked-out tooth: Locate the knocked-out tooth and put it in a bag of milk; be sure to bring it with you to your appointment. Usually, we’ll be able to reattach it. As with broken teeth, if bleeding occurs, rinse out any blood in the mouth and apply gauze.
- Intense jaw pain: As with tooth pain, jaw pain may mean infection, so come to our office as soon as you can.
- Bleeding in the mouth: If you find unexplained bleeding in your mouth, rinse the blood out with warm water. Apply gauze or a clean towel to stop the bleeding where possible.
- Intense swelling: Apply a cold compress if you are experiencing severe or painful swelling around your teeth or jaws.
The most important thing you can do during a dental emergency is getting to our office as soon as possible. Quick intervention may be able to save your tooth and preserve your oral health.
Treating Cracked Teeth
When you have a cracked tooth or multiple cracked teeth, it is important to get treatment as soon as possible to help reduce any additional oral health issues. Some of the cracked teeth treatments available at Future of dentistry include: dental bonding for minor cracks, porcelain dental crowns for more severe cracks and if the whole tooth needs to be replaced, we offer dental implants.
An Emergency Dentist You Want To See
We provide a comfort menu to soothe you at every single visit. During dental emergencies, these comforts can provide relief before your exam even begins.
For intense emergency dental care, we can also provide sedation options that can help you feel completely relaxed while we alleviate your pain as well as your stress.
Emergency Dental Care For Future Smiles
At Future of Dentistry, you have an emergency dentist who is ready to relieve both your tooth pain and your stress. For more questions about what to do in a dental emergency or whether or not you require emergency dental care, don’t hesitate to call.