What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is any dental procedure that restores or repairs broken, infected, or missing teeth.
If you have multiple missing teeth, a broken tooth, a cracked tooth, or teeth that are badly decayed or infected, restorative dentistry can fill those holes in your smile and get your oral health back to optimal levels.
Schedule your appointment at one of our 5 locations; Billerica, Chelmsford, Dracut, North Andover, and Wakefield, Massachusetts.
New Patient Online Offer
Benefits Of Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry isn’t just about reconstructing the physical shape of your smile. It’s largely about repairing the damage that could lead to greater health complications down the road.
Crowns, implants, or dentures can stop the spread of infection, reinforce and fortify bone structure, and improve the longevity of adjacent teeth. The health of your mouth has a direct impact on your overall health. We want to preserve your overall health by maintaining a full smile for you.
Restorative Dentistry Procedures
There are a number of restorative dentistry procedures used to repair a broken tooth or replace missing teeth, including:
- Dental Implants: Comprised of a titanium post and a porcelain crown, dental implants are a common and highly effective tooth replacement. They fuse with the jawbone much like natural tooth roots would and hold up under normal biting pressure, so you can have full functionality of your mouth back— even after losing a tooth.
- Dental Crowns: Our porcelain dental crowns are carefully constructed to resemble your natural teeth in color, shape, size, and luminosity. Crowns are a great way to restore function to a broken tooth or a cracked tooth. Chances are, no one will know your crown isn’t a natural tooth!
- Custom Dentures: Dentures aren’t just those slip-on rows of teeth you see in the cartoons. Today, dentures replace missing teeth in a variety of types and sizes to accommodate your specific needs while providing a natural look.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: Implant dentistry allows us to offer implant-supported dentures. These long-lasting dentures are fortified by dental implants for greater stability and permanence. These dentures do not slip or slide like traditional dentures, which makes them a comfortable and secure way to replace your missing teeth.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge is a denture consisting of a few replacement teeth all held in place by a single dental implant.
- Full mouth reconstruction: At a certain age, you may find yourself in need of full mouth reconstruction. Come into our office today and feel young again with a full denture makeover!
You do not need to live with a cracked tooth or missing teeth any longer. When you come in for your restorative consultation, we’ll work together to determine which procedure is right for you.
Anxiety-Free Restoration Services
If you are feeling uncomfortable with the idea of restoration dentistry, there is so much we can do to set your mind at ease. As always, we are happy to answer your questions.
When you are in our office, we provide a comfort menu, so you can feel like you are at home instead of a dentist’s office. This comfort menu includes a number of items: beverages, pillows, blankets, headphones, and more.
If our comfort menu does not soothe your anxious thoughts, we can also provide sedation dentistryoptions. Talk to us about any anxiety you feel, so we can provide you with relaxing sedation methods that will help you get the care you need— comfortably.
Rebuild Your Smile
Broken or missing teeth don’t have to be a life sentence. There are a myriad of restorative dentistry options available to you at Future of Dentistry! Call our office to learn more.